Community Education Outreach Service
In Monroe County, the Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) was first organized as the Farm Women’s Club in 1938 by Virginia Campbell, Home Demonstration Agent. Many women became members and many clubs were organized in communities throughout the county.
Then in 1954-1958, the name was changed to the Home Demonstration club. In the late 1960’s, the name was changed to the Extension Homemakers Club. More recently in 1998, the name was changed to the CEOS representing Community Educational Outreach Service.
Today in 2011 there are four clubs: Sinks Grove (1940), Lindside-Greenville (1970), Hillsdale (1946), and Monroe Connections (2010).
It’s evident our members strived to reach the goals of strengthening individuals and families through continuing education, leadership development, and community service. We are open to all and men now join our CEOS groups!
We support many organizations. We volunteer our time and talents. We educate our membership and our community. We serve as leaders in our community.
From the Reflections of the Past